* * *
Hey there! Please take note!
As of March 7, 2018 we are temporarily pausing our membership program (that means no new members!) as our next steps take shape. Interested in getting alerts and updates? _Click here_ to read more and sign up!
* * *
- Do you love sewing?
- Do you know how gratifying it is to be creative?
- Do you believe thriving makerspaces help create vibrant downtowns?
Become a studio member!
Our membership program is unique; there are no monthly fees or time commitments. Instead, members store value on a Beehive Sewing Studio Membership Card, which gets swiped just like a debit card when you purchase supplies, sign up for a class, attend an event, or book studio time. We’ll hope-pray-beseech you to take part in some activity here every 6 months in order to retain your member benefits (HECK YES there are benefits!).
What Do I have to Do?
- Take Beehive Basics, our 1.5 hour long studio orientation session. Don’t think you need Beehive Basics? You can place out by passing this quiz.
- Tell the Studio Captain that you want to become a member. She or he will have you complete a brief in-studio questionnaire and make sure you have a signed waiver on file.
- Add $50 to a Membership Card to start your membership. Those are your Beehive dollars, so the full balance will be available to you for future visits. There is no sign-up fee, initiation fee, secret handshake, contract, or other weirdo hoops to jump through.
Hoops You Have to Jump Through
Sorry, there are a few hoops in the form of rules and regulations, including:
- Studio membership is open to adults and children ages 13 and up and children ages 10-12 with parent or guardian at all times. There are no exceptions to this rule.
- All members must take Beehive Basics, or pass the eligibility quiz. There are no exceptions to this rule.
- All studio users must follow the studio’s safety rules. There are no except.. you get the idea, right?
Other important info, like your benefits!
- Memberships are non-transferrable
- Stored value may not be redeemed for cash
- To keep receiving membership benefits, do something — anything — at the studio at least once every 6 months. Of course, we’d love to see you more often than that, but sometimes life gets in the way of sewing (!).
- 10% off all published studio access rates
- 15% off Beehive Sewing “Sew It Now” project kits
- Access to “Social Sew” events — 2 hours of sewing with on-site help from a Beehive Cheerleader
- Flexible studio access, even on days we are not open to the public
- Coverhemming service
- Practice fabric
- Free demos
- Advance notice of new classes
- A “Bea Hive” button!
Already taken Beehive Basics?
Ready to become a member?
Stop into the downtown Northampton studio or get a membership online!