* * *
Take Note: Our flagship studio in Northampton is closing on April 21st! _Read more here_.
We are not accepting new memberships at this time. This page will be updated again soon!!
* * *
- Do you love sewing?
- Do you know how gratifying it is to be creative?
- Do you believe thriving makerspaces help create vibrant downtowns?
Become a studio member!
Our membership program is unique; there are no monthly fees or time commitments. Instead, members store value on a Beehive Sewing Studio Membership Card, which gets swiped just like a debit card when you purchase supplies, sign up for a class, attend an event, or book studio time. We’ll hope-pray-beseech you to take part in some activity here every 6 months in order to retain your member benefits (HECK YES there are benefits!).
What Do I have to Do?
- Take Beehive Basics, our 1.5 hour long studio orientation session. Don’t think you need Beehive Basics? You can place out by passing this quiz.
- Tell the Studio Captain that you want to become a member. She or he will have you complete a brief in-studio questionnaire and make sure you have a signed waiver on file.
- Add $50 to a Membership Card to start your membership. Those are your Beehive dollars, so the full balance will be available to you for future visits. There is no sign-up fee, initiation fee, secret handshake, contract, or other weirdo hoops to jump through.
Hoops You Have to Jump Through
Sorry, there are a few hoops in the form of rules and regulations, including:
- Studio membership is open to adults and children ages 13 and up and children ages 10-12 with parent or guardian at all times. There are no exceptions to this rule.
- All members must take Beehive Basics, or pass the eligibility quiz. There are no exceptions to this rule.
- All studio users must follow the studio’s safety rules. There are no except.. you get the idea, right?
Other important info, like your benefits!
- Memberships are non-transferrable
- Stored value may not be redeemed for cash
- To keep receiving membership benefits, do something — anything — at the studio at least once every 6 months. Of course, we’d love to see you more often than that, but sometimes life gets in the way of sewing (!).
- 10% off all published studio access rates
- 15% off Beehive Sewing “Sew It Now” project kits
- Access to “Social Sew” events — 2 hours of sewing with on-site help from a Beehive Cheerleader
- Flexible studio access, even on days we are not open to the public
- Coverhemming service
- Practice fabric
- Free demos
- Advance notice of new classes
- A “Bea Hive” button!
Already taken Beehive Basics?
Ready to become a member?
Stop into the downtown Northampton studio or get a membership online!